Saturday, September 4, 2010

Night Swimming

What do you think about as you are trying to fall asleep? Do you close your eyes and drift away within minutes? Yes? Well, thank you for reading, but this isn't for you. To all of those who toss and turn for hours, wishing to be sound asleep, like your spouse next to you, this is for YOU. So, what keeps you up at night? Do you obsess about all of the housework that needs to be done the next day, or worry about not waking up in time for an appointment? What about night dreaming? That is my own phrase that means day dreaming at night. You're not quite asleep, but you're still off in your own little world. It's just like a dream, but you can control it. Sometimes I try to pretend I'm asleep, hoping I would slip into dreamland. But it usually doesn't work.

I am unusually lucky, because I have the freedom to catch up on my sleep during the mornings. But I hate it. I feel nocturnal. I feel like I am much more awake and active once the sun starts going down and it cools off. The days have been close to 100 degrees all summer and I feel it in the house. It's almost like there are weights attached to my limbs until around 3pm everyday.

One day, I hope, I'll be able to sleep like a normal person. I'll lay down in bed around 10pm, close my eyes and fall fast asleep. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment